21 days ago
Connect with our School Counselor
Brandy N. Eason, M.Ed, MBA
The mission of the Scotts Hill Elementary School Counseling Program is to decrease academic and non-academic barriers to student success, maximize every student’s social/emotional, educational, and career development potential, and to promote a culture of social responsibility and self-advocacy.
Every adult action reinforces the belief that all of our students can succeed in a college or career of their choice and be productive citizens in their community.
- All students can be successful.
- All members of the SHES community have the right to access services provided by the school counselor.
- School counselors are an integral part of multiple, collaborative teams that are working to ensure student success.
- The school counselor is a safe person with whom students can share concerns, accomplishments, and personal goals.
- School counselors must actively identify and provide additional support for children with at-risk characteristics.
We believe a comprehensive school counseling program should:
- Reach all students.
- Be an integral part of the total school program.
- Equip students with the skills necessary for them to achieve their career goals.
- Utilize a team approach to eliminate barriers in school achievement.
- Conduct activities that contribute to the development of a positive school climate.
- Recognize students’ individual abilities and assist them in maximizing their potentials.
- Help students develop a healthy self-concept and an acceptance of individual differences.
- Link programs with opportunities for students outside of the school.
- Include the participation of teachers because of their direct involvement with students on a daily basis.
- Foster a positive relationship between home and school.
- Be designed and coordinated by the counselor(s) with input from all stakeholders.
- Use data to drive the development and evaluation of the program.
We believe all school counselors will:
- Adhere to the professional and ethical standards of the Tennessee School Counselors Association and the American School Counselor Association.
- Set goals based on ASCA competencies and school data, provide quality work, and monitor data to evaluate the effectiveness of interventions.
- Be held accountable for showing the impact they have on student achievement.
- Strive for professional excellence through continued study and participation in professional organizations and workshops.